FitNesse started off as a a fancy wrapper for FIT. FIT originally written in Java by WardCunningham[?], is the engine that actually runs your tests. There is an additional component called FitServer[?] that allows FitNesse to interface with FIT. FitNesse is not limited to running only Java tests. Given an implementation of FIT and the corresponding FitServer[?], FitNesse can execute tests in any language. Below is a list of all languages with FIT/FitServer implementations.
Note: Slim is nowadays the preferred test system for FitNesse.
- Java - Included in the fitnesse.jar.
- .NET[?] - Included in the standard FitNesse distribution.
- C++ - C++ FIT and FitServer[?]
- Delphi - Delphi FIT and FitServer[?]
- Python - Python FIT and FitServer[?]
- Ruby - Ruby FIT and FitServer[?]
- Smalltalk - Visual Works Smalltalk FIT and FitServer[?]
- Perl - Perl FitServer[?]
Keyboard Shortcuts ?
- t Test page or suite
- e Edit page
- v View page (after test)
- a Add new page
- g u User Guide
- g q Quick Reference Guide
- g f Full Reference Guide
- g c Recent Changes
- CTRL+s Save page
- ESC Cancel edit
- p Properties
- w Where used?
- AK+v Versions
- AK+h Page History
- / Focus on search bar
- s Open search page